Stone church of Halikko, Finland

Stone church of Halikko, Finland

Halikko Church is an Evangelical Lutheran church in Halikko, Finland. The first parts of the church were built in the 13th century, and Halikko Church is one of the 73 medieval stone churches of Finland.

Halikko Church was built in the mid-13th century. Most likely local manor owners the Horn family financed the construction. Therefore, ├ůminne manor had a right to patronage the priests of Halikko. Halikko Church was first a Roman Catholic church and its protector saint was Saint Bridget.

The Church needed to be expanded and mended in the late-18th century. The first expansion was made in 1799, and the second expansion was made between 1813 and 1815. During the second expansion the church was made cross-shaped. The old sacristy, weapon room and the grave of Horn-family had to be removed that the new parts could be built. At the same time, the whole church was renewed from the inside. An architect Charles Bassi designed the whole operation.

Credits:

Lassi Kaukonen

5/5 - (1 vote)

Download 3D models

FileFile size
zip stone-church-of-halikko-finland198 MB

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.