Historical background: This is a machine-gun armored car of the Russian Imperial Army. It is the first all-wheel drive armored car adopted by the troops of the Russian Empire. It was created on the basis of the Jeffery Quad 4017 four-wheel drive truck manufactured by the American company Thomas B. Jeffery Company. The armored car project was developed by Staff Captain Viktor Poplavko. In total, in 1916-1917, the Izhora Plant assembled 31 serial armored cars, which were used only by units of the Russian Imperial Army during the First World War and by both opposing sides during the Civil War.